Skills for communicating with children and young people
To develop practitioners knowledge and skills in communicating and working with vulnerable children and young people.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Explore communication in its widest sense, including non-verbal communication.
- Understand the importance of building rapport and demonstrating empathy when communicating with children and young people.
- Understand the development of communication milestones from birth, focussing on language development.
- Learn techniques for overcoming blocks in communication.
- Understand the importance and role of child observation in hearing the voice of the child.
- Understand the influence of their own communication on children.