OverviewThis session is aimed at developing capabilities and strengthening professional confidence in practice to manage risk positively
Who is Positive Risk Management aimed at?Adults and Childrens Social care staff
Course Length1 day (ideally split over 2, 3.5 hour half day sessions)
By the end of the course delegates will be have:-
- An Improved understanding of the benefits of a positive risk management approach as opposed to more traditional defensive risk-averse approaches.
- Explored best practices about deciding who will be involved, identifying risks, strategies and developing support plans
- Improved understanding of how to apply tools and legislative frameworks when assessing risk in practice using positive risk management principles.
- Improved ability to apply positive risk management to practice and utilise peer and management support as required.
- Improved ability to analyse how personal values and experience around risk may influence professional judgments.
- Improved ability to clearly record decision-making and how risk has been assessed and managed.