OverviewThis course is a valuable introduction to direct working with disabled children. It explains the value of direct work in this context and explo9res how to capture and reflect the voice of the disabled child.
Who is Direct work with children with disabilities aimed at?All those who work with disabled children
Course Length1 day
- Understand the importance of direct work and messages from research relating to disabled children.
- Discuss some of the barriers to communicating with disabled children.
- Explore how to capture and reflect the Voice of the Child, including those with children who use alternative systems of communication or are non-verbal.
- Understand the importance of observation and the differences between fact, interpretation and opinion.
- Explore and practise using a range of tools suitable for direct work with disabled children.
- Be signposted to sources of further support.