OverviewTo provide practitioners across all agencies with best practice principles for working with children and young people who have been, or are at risk of being, sexually exploited.
Who is Child Sexual Exploitation aimed at?Practitioners across all agencies
Course Length1 day
Participants will have the opportunity to explore the following in relations to working with vulnerable children and families:-
- Understand what Child Sexual Exploitation is – and consider the profile of perpetrators
- Understand the legislative framework with regard to CSE
- Learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms of CSE
- Consider the links between CSE and adolescent neglect, gang activity and membership and children/young people missing from home/care
- Explore specific CSE risk assessment tools and their application in practice situations
- Consider the part that families can play in keeping children and young people safe
- Consider the importance of an anti-oppressive and cross cultural approach to CSE
- Understand the role of the Local Safeguarding Board and the importance of multi-agency working.