OverviewThis course will provide frontline staff with the ability to increase their knowledge of development of children through to young people (aged 13 - 25)
Who is Child Development – Child to Young Person (13-25 years) aimed at?Front Line Childrens SC staff
Course Length2 days
What will I learn?
- Identify normative patterns of development
- Gain an awareness of the factors affecting development including poverty, domestic violence, substance misuse, neglect and mental health
- Gain an awareness of external issues affecting development including social media, school, values and beliefs.
- Increase understanding of child development via the use of supporting theories.
- The influence of parental relationships and practices on child development
- How these factors impact on brain development and emotional intelligence