Assessing the needs of children in situations of parental learning disability
This one day course aims to consider how to ensure that children of learning disabled parents are effectively safeguarded.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Recognise what learning disability means for parenting and safeguarding
- Consider the risk factors facing learning disabled parents
- Determine how to work effectively with learning disabled parents to ensure safety for their children
- Describe current research knowledge in relation to learning disabled parents and safeguarding
- Access assessment tools designed for work with parents with a learning disability
- Consider the roles of different professionals within the process of assessment and safeguarding.