An interactive training day to facilitate learning in communicating with children and young people aged 0 – 18yrs old.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Understand different ways of communicating, verbal, non verbal including touch and play
- Understand the development of communication from birth with developmental milestones focusing on language development
- Explore the importance of understanding communication in child observation
- Learn techniques for overcoming blocks in verbal communication
- Develop understanding of the issues in communicating with children with sensory loss and with learning difficulties
- Learn the application of this knowledge to practice in assessment and intervention
- Learn the influence of own communication on children
- Create a work plan to take new knowledge and skills into the workplace.