This one day course is aimed at professionals who have completed the two day introduction to Motivational Interviewing and are actively using the approach in their practice.
It is not suitable for people who have not completed the two day introductory course and/or are not actively trying to use the approach in their practice.
To provide MI practitioners with an opportunity to further develop skill and confidence in the use of this approach
Participants will have been offered the opportunity to:
- Be reminded of the spirit and principles of Motivational Interviewing
- Become more confident and proficient in the use of reflections, including depth of reflection and reflections with direction
- Be able to integrate reflections with other counselling skills (OARS)
- Recognise the benefit of using affirmations to build confidence and enhance motivation
- Recognise signs that indicate readiness to change and help clients move towards activation
- Be able to recover from ‘mistakes’
Please note – Assessment will be ongoing throughout the day, through trainer observation and coaching.