To update DSLs on ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education – September 2019’ and ensure safeguarding knowledge is current.
Before the training it is expected that all participants will have read the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ Guidance issued 2019.
Participants will have been offered the opportunity to:
- discuss their knowledge of safeguarding and ask questions about anything they are unsure about
- find out who to speak to, what to say (recognising signs of abuse/neglect) and how to do it (recording methods)
- think about safeguarding children:
- Peer on peer abuse
- Missing from education
- With increased vulnerability
- find out what to do if nothing happens.