To enable participants to gain a greater understanding of how sexual abuse affects children and young people and to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to intervene effectively.
By the end of the event, delegates will have had opportunity to:
- understand the legal framework as it relates to sexual abuse
- consider and explore the behaviour pattern of perpetrators of sexual abuse
- consider the impact of abuse on the victim and non abusing carers
- identify appropriate responses to sexual abuse which meet the immediate safety needs of the child and action that will need to be taken to promote their long term well being and recovery
- recognise and manage the emotional impact of working with sexual abuse