This course aims to raise awareness of parent abuse (adolescents who use controlling, threatening or abusive behaviour towards their parent). Gaining knowledge around the subject is aimed at empowering practitioners to help facilitate positive behaviour change within the families they support.
By the end of the course, participants will have been offered the opportunity to:-
- describe parent abuse and the impact of it on the adolescents and parents involved
- explain attachment theory, including the different types of attachment
- explore disruption to attachment and the impact of this on brain development
- relate understanding of attachment and brain development to practice with families in order to facilitate constructive change
- identify support systems and models of working for families and practitioners around parent abuse