We are committed to improving the lives of vulnerable children and their families. Our safeguarding training aims to improve the skills and knowledge of professionals working in a range of settings to safeguard children from harm and to improve their lives. Staff will be offered the opportunity to reflect upon their role and critically evaluate their practice.
Our range of courses enable staff to feel confident in collaborating with families and with other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for children. They will build the skills and knowledge necessary to feel confident in challenging difficult situations where necessary, record accurately and develop the skills of defensible decision making.
Follow the link below for aims and outcomes.
- Adolescent to Parent Violence – 1 day
- An Introduction to Safeguarding Children – 1 day
- An Introduction to Working with Child Sexual Abuse – 1 day
- Court Skills
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Officer (DSLO) – Safeguarding Level 3 – 1 day
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) – 1 day
- Lessons from Serious Case Reviews
- Safeguarding Disabled Children
- The role of the social worker in child protection – 2 days
- Working effectively with neglect – 2 days
- Working with child sexual abuse – 2 days
- Working with complex and resistant families – 2 days
- Working with Fabricated and Induced Illness (FII)
- Managing behaviour positively – 2 days
- Safeguarding in Early Years
- Safeguarding for managers
- Working with emotional abuse and neglect
- Supervising safer contact
- Developing a safer workforce – 2 days