The focus of this course is to explore racism and discrimination and its impact on black and minority ethnic children and families. This interactive course will inform and assist practitioners to work in a culturally sensitive way, ensuring that stereotyping and prejudice do not affect safe practice.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Understand prejudice, discrimination and racism.
- Examine how racism and discrimination affect BME families.
- Understand how our personal values can influence our professional approach.
- Explore ways to work effectively with black and minority ethnic families and young people.
- Learn lessons from serious case reviews.