Basic foundation understanding of child development theories, attachment theories and cultural and contextual issues surrounding child development.
This one day course will build upon practitioners existing skills and knowledge and assist them in intervening effectively where children are facing multiple adversity.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Understand the way in which the child’s brain develops and how brain development and brain chemistry is affected by close relationships.
- Have an increased knowledge of pre-natal development and its implications for life.
- Explore how parenting styles and capacity influence child development.
- Explore the impact of trauma abuse and neglect on child development.
- Consider the developmental implications of living with multiple adversities, and identifying the right help at the right time.