To develop an understanding of relationships from an attachment perspective and confidence in the assessment of child development in order to best support children and young people.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Explore the theory of attachment.
- Consider the relevance of attachment in the provision of care to children and young people.
- Identify skills needed to promote the development of attachment.
- Plan effective interventions when working with children with insecure or disorganised attachments.
- Reflect on knowledge of child development and explore some theories.
- Consider the assessment of children’s developmental needs.
- Apply knowledge to support planning for children and young people.
- Explore values and attitudes to children and young people that influence the provision of services to meet their developmental needs.
- Understand the importance of working within an anti racist/anti discriminatory way when engaging children, young people and their families.