This two day course aims to provide participants with an overview of the Assessment Framework. It highlights the importance of the framework in systematically gathering information and then analysing this information to describe the child’s needs and develop effective outcome focused plans.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Understand the process of assessment and the background and policy framework.
- Develop confidence in engaging with families in the assessment process.
- Understand the importance of being child focussed and working with children and young people.
- Develop confidence in gathering information needed from the family, child or young person (where appropriate) and other key agencies.
- Consider research and understand the impact of parenting capacity issues such as domestic abuse, substance misuse, parental learning disability and parental mental health.
- Consider the impact and risks associated with an interaction of these parenting capacity issues.
- Develop skills in making sound and appropriate judgements pertaining to the child or young person, and the ability of their parent(s) to meet these needs.
- Acquire skills in developing effective plans that focus on measuring change and improving outcomes for the child.