A one day multi-agency awareness course.
This one day course will offer an introduction to Safeguarding Adults that will enable participants to identify adult abuse when it occurs and to understand their roles and responsibilities, including local multi-agency approaches.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Understand the key legislation underpinning the procedures
- Understand and explain what constitutes abuse
- Understand how and when adults might be at risk
- Identify some of the factors of abuse and the factors to be considered in assessing whether a situation is abusive
- Know when, and to whom suspected abuse should be reported
- Be aware of the safeguarding adults procedures relating to their service and across the multi-agency settings