Using supervision effectively: a one-day course for supervisees …
This day aims to give staff in receipt of 1:1 or group supervision an opportunity to understand the key elements of effective supervision, and how they can work with their supervisors in order to maximise its effectiveness.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Consider what constitutes effective supervision and the various definitions used to explain its functions.
- Understand how their previous experience of being supervised can impact upon their current supervisory relationship
- Understand the importance of effective agreements within supervision
- Understand the relationship between supervision and outcomes for patients
- Understand the supervision cycle and how this can help in reflecting, analysing and action planning within supervision
- Consider their role in working with their supervisors to develop positive supervision practice