Supervising to Safeguard in Schools – Introduction for Senior Leaders …
Duration: 3 hours
This introductory course is for staff in schools, who are in leadership roles, to support them in developing and maintaining a supervision system which provides the necessary advice and guidance to staff who are working with vulnerable children who may be at risk of harm and in need of support.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Understand the core components of effective safeguarding supervision and how supervision:
– Safeguards children and young people both within their own organisation and at the interface with other organisations
– Promotes professionally curious practice
– Supports staff wellbeing
- Understand how an integrated model of supervision can support effective supervision practice.
- Consider how to integrate supervision within the school’s existing policies, processes and procedures and make supervision work well within the school environment.
- Consider how to support a positive supervision culture and what support is needed to overcome barriers to implementing supervision.