Putting Analysis Into Assessment for Children’s services – 2 days
This two day course seeks to support newly qualified social workers completing complex assessments in children’s services and equip them with the underpinning knowledge, skills and confidence to produce assessments to an excellent standard that will support effective plans and interventions across the whole range of different practice contexts.
Participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of what makes a good assessment and analysis
- Consider research evidence and findings from serious case reviews to inform assessment practice
- Explore the theory and principles that underpin effective child-focused assessment in families where adults face complex life difficulties
- Understand the challenge of communication across the interagency network
- Practice using simple tools that encourage thoughtful analysis of the information gathered during an assessment
- Feel confident to produce well-written, robust and analytical assessments.