Autism: Developing Skills (Intermediate)
This is a one day course for staff to provide day to day support and care to people on the Autistic Spectrum and to enable staff to build on the knowledge and skills gained on the “Autism- Intermediate 1” and to use this knowledge to identify practical strategies that can be used when supporting individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Review and discuss key knowledge gained in the Autism- Intermediate 1 course
- Identify effective and appropriate environmental modifications that should be considered when supporting individuals with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Explore how to design and implement specific strategies to maximise learning
- Demonstrate an awareness of how to create specific communication strategies – working with Speech and Language Therapists when appropriate
- Explore national, local and legal policies related to Autism Spectrum Disorder.