- To understand the causes of difficult behaviour.
- To explore factors which contribute to difficult behaviour.
- To develop strategies to improve children’s behaviour.
- To understand the importance of consistency and the difficulties maintaining it.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to consider how to:
- link key theory, knowledge and research underpinning Positive Parenting and Child Development
- understand factors associated with development and maintenance of negative behaviour in children and young people
- introduce a number of different ways to improve a child’s behaviour
- help parents deal with and shape challenging behaviour
- help parents develop appropriate house rules and daily routines
- decide which intervention resources can be used with the children and/or family
- develop practice skills in using other intervention resources.