Participants will have been offered the opportunity to:
- recognise and describe their agency role in cases of FII
- consider FII as part of a differential diagnosis rather than waiting for it to be a conclusive diagnosis
- recognise the importance of differentiating between reported symptoms and observed symptoms and the importance of accurate record keeping
- confidently refer to the 2008 Fabricated and Induced Illness Guidance in their Safeguarding Practice
- understand the importance of chronologies for both the index child and its siblings.