A thorough understanding of how children and young people develop is a key requirement to work effectively with children and their families. Our courses cover all elements of child development including pre-birth assessment, attachment theory, difference and diversity, life story work and maintaining identity. Staff are offered the opportunity to build skills in supporting vulnerable children and young people to develop self esteem, understand and make difficult choices and cope with uncertainty.
Follow the link below for aims and outcomes.
- Child development: an introduction - 1 day →
- Child/young person development - 2 days →
- Understanding attachment and its application in social work assessment - 1 or 2 days →
- Applying child development to practice - 1 day →
- Skills for communicating with children and young people - 1 day →
- Tools for direct work with children & young people - 1 day →
- Child development and attachment perspectives - 2 days →